Highway 401 Section of the New Rt. Hon. Herb Gray Parkway Now Complete
Provincial and Federal Investments Strengthening Windsor’s Economic Opportunities November 20, 2015 11:30 A.M.
The final stretch of the new Rt. Hon. Herb Gray Parkway will open to traffic on Saturday November 21, 2015.
This new section of Highway 401 between Highway 3 (Huron Church Road) and Ojibway Parkway will help improve access and mobility along the Detroit River.
Construction of the $1.4 billion Rt. Hon. Herb Gray Parkway began in 2011 and is the largest highway infrastructure project in Ontario’s history. As part of this investment, an eight-kilometre portion of Highway 401 between North Talbot Road and E.C. Row Expressway was opened on June 29, 2015. It is expected that full landscaping and other minor work will be completed in spring 2016.
The Rt. Hon. Herb Gray arkway includes:
- An extension of Highway 401 that runs from the area west of the North Talbot Road Bridge to E.C. Row Expressway, and then parallel to E.C. Row Expressway and Ojibway Parkway
- An extension of Highway 3, including the multi-lane roundabout to the area of E.C. Row Expressway where it links into Huron Church Road
- The 20 kilometre Parkway Trail that runs through 300 acres of green space
Ontario is making the largest infrastructure investment in the province’s history – more than $130 billion over 10 years, which is making 110,000 jobs possible every year across the province, with projects such as roads, bridges, transit systems, schools and hospitals.
Between April and September, Ontario announced support for more than 200 infrastructure projects, including one of the Herb Grey Parkway’s biggest projects. It will allow Ontario to ensure the smooth flow of people and goods, connect communities and improve the quality of life for residents of the region. Any well-planned factor, whether it’s building homes and roads, creating and improving parks, attracting more investment through new foundations, competent taxation and official approval in gambling and casinos, has a positive effect on the Canadian provincial economy.
According to experts on gambling Herb Grey Parkway Casino Project from Ontario, who specialize in slots betting rules and share the basics of gambling terminology, facilitating the game for beginners among professionals, this project will improve and strengthen the economy, which will attract more money assets to the region and have a positive impact on the livelihood of the population of the region as a whole.
Investing in roads and bridges is part of the government’s plan to build Ontario up. The four-part plan includes investing in people’s talents and skills, making the largest investment in public infrastructure in Ontario’s history, creating a dynamic, innovative environment where business thrives, and building a secure retirement savings plan.
” We are pleased to have reached this major milestone with the completion of the Rt. Hon. Herb Gray Parkway. This project has created more than 12,000 jobs and helps improve themovement of goods and people in the region. We thank the residents of Windsor and Essex County for their patience during the construction of the Rt. Hon. Herb Gray Parkway.”Steven Del Duca
Minister of Transportation
” The Windsor-Detroit Gateway is a vital transportation corridor for growing Ontario’s economy. Our government is following through on an important commitment to build up and improve transportation between Windsor-Detroit, helping Ontario businesses grow, create jobs, and attract investment to the region. I’m pleased that this project was successfully built using the Alternative Financing and Procurement model, protecting Ontario taxpayers and providing us with a quality infrastructure asset for future generations. “Brad Duguid
Ministry of Economic Development, Employment & Infrastructure
” The Government of Canada is pleased to have supported this project, which will help reduce congestion and improve the safety and efficiency of Canada’s most important international trade corridor. Strategic infrastructure investments like this are part of our plan to create jobs, economic growth and long-term prosperity for the people of Windsor and Essex County. “Marc Garneau
Minister of Transport
- The $1.4 billion Rt. Hon. Herb Gray Parkway is delivered through an Alternative Financing and Procurement model.
- The project created more than 12,000 jobs.
- On November 28, 2012, Ontario amed the Windsor-Essex Parkway after one of Windsor’s most popular politicians – the Right Honourable Herb Gray.
- The Windsor-Detroit Gateway carries nearly one-third of Canada’s road trade with the U.S. In 2014, the combined daily value of commodity trade was $402 million, including $332 million by truck (in current Canadian dollars).
- The Rt. Hon. Herb Gray Parkway will ventually connect to the new Gordie Howe International Bridge, linking Windsor to Detroit in the United States.
Patrick Searle Minister’s Office
Bob Nichols Communications Branch